Grand Theft DG is the second episode of the third season of The Dumping Ground. It was first broadcast back to back with the previous episode under the name Law & Disorder on 16 January 2015 at 5:00pm.
Newcomer Ryan comes to The Dumping Ground and after learning of the incident of missing purses from yesterday's open day, decides to manipulate things for his own benefit.
- The title of this episode is a pun of the popular video game series Grand Theft Auto, and also a reference to the theft of the purses and money.
- First appearance of Lewis Hamilton as Ryan Reeves.
- Ryan's surname "Reeves" can be seen on Mike's computer screen.
- May-Li mentions that there are two girls moving in, a reference to Toni and Billie who will make their first appearance in the next episode Stuck with You.
- Faith, Rick and Lily can be seen in photographs in Ryan's bedroom.
- Tracy's book is seen for the first time since Tracy Beaker Returns.
- This is the first time Elm Tree House has been referenced since season 1 of The Dumping Ground.
- Interestingly, the situation of Bailey falsely accusing Johnny of stealing the purses and money is a reverse of the situation in The Barbecue, where Johnny falsely accused Bailey of smashing the window.
- This is the second time someone has called Tyler "Sherlock", in this case, Sally.
- Following the episode's first broadcast, a special segment was shown featuring short interviews with the cast previewing the third season of The Dumping Ground.
- In the spare staff bedroom, there is a picture from Seriously Funny with Tee, Lily and Carmen on the floor as Lily smashed Shannay's cats and there was no-one there to take a picture of that.
- In the spare staff bedroom, there is also a picture of Toni, Billie and Mischief alongside the other residents (the picture seen on Harry's leaving card), none of whom had moved into the Dumping Ground yet.