Bailey's world is rocked when his mum turns up at Ashdene Ridge. Can he forgive her for abandoning him as a toddler? Meanwhile, Carmen resorts to drastic measures when Ofsted inspectors arrive unexpectedly.
- Kasey McKellar as Bailey Wharton
- Connor Byrne as Mike Milligan
- Mia McKenna-Bruce as Tee Taylor
- Amy-Leigh Hickman as Carmen Howle
- Miles Butler-Hughton as Tyler Lewis
- Kia Pegg as Jody Jackson
- Reece Buttery as Mo Michaels
- Annabelle Davis as Sasha Bellman
- Nelly Currant as Toni Trent
- Akuc Bol as Kazima Tako
- Philip Graham Scott as Harry Jones
- Gwen Currant as Billie Trent
- Sarah Rayson as Floss Guppy
- Ruben Reuter as Finn McLaine
- Lewis Hamilton as Ryan Reeves
- Stacy Liu as May-Li Wang
- Sage as Mischief
- Tiana Benjamin as Alison
- Alison Hammond as Rowena
- Kate Copeland as Lizzie
- Abas Eljanabi as Mr. Twigg
- The size of the episode title credits have increased since the previous series.
- The newspaper with Bailey's picture reads "This Seasons Young Hopefuls". There is a grammatical error as there should be an apostrophe in "Season's".
- Carmen, after having to wear glasses since "Fake It to Make It" suddenly doesn't need them anymore. It's possible that she started wearing contact lenses instead.
- The BBC's website at first erroneously listed the compilation version of the episode with the episode description from "Refuge".
- For the episode's first individual broadcast, the BBC's website erroneously referred to the episode as the second episode of series 4, rather than the first.
- The subtitles call Floss "Ross". This occurs in both the compilation and individual episode versions.
- In the audio described version, when Jody and Mo take "Alison" upstairs, the narrator calls Jody "Jo".
- On BBC iPlayer, it says that this episode was aired on January 30 instead of 29.